We’re excited to announce that submissions are officially open for next year’s Ffald y Brenin calendar!
Do you have some high-quality photos you’d be willing to let us use? Here’s how you can submit your entries.
- Photos must be high-resolution images that are minimum 2480 × 3508 pixels in size. Smaller images may look great on your phone, but print quality requires larger resolution than screens.
- Note: Please do not send photos taken on an iPad, as the photo quality will not be good enough.
- Photos should be landscape (horizontal), not portrait (vertical).
- Photos should not be too dark, overexposed, or blurry. They should also not be over-saturated or heavily edited.
- The photos should be of Ffald y Brenin (ie. the grounds, the buildings, the local scenery, a representation of your prayer time here etc.)
- Ask the questions: Would this photo resonate with someone who has never been to Ffald y Brenin? Would this be beautiful on someone’s kitchen wall? How would people be blessed by seeing this in their home? Does this capture the essence of Ffald y Brenin in some way (Sacred rhythms, peace, silence, beauty, God’s presence)?
- Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “photo submission.” In the email, please include your full name (which we would credit you with in the calendar if your photo is selected).
- Each person can submit up to 5 photos, so pick your best ones! Please note that only 13 photos in total will make it into the calendar (one for each month and one for the cover), and these will be selected based on photo quality, seasonal suitability (ie. we’ll try to avoid summer flowers in January!) and compatibility with the rest of the calendar. If your entry is not chosen, it doesn’t mean it’s not good, but that it’s just not the right fit.
- If your photo is not selected for the calendar, we may still wish to use it for another purpose (ie. social media or another resource). There are many ways we love showcasing the beauty of Ffald y Brenin!
- Deadline for entries: midnight on Sunday 30th July.
We are not offering payment for photos we select but will credit your name in the calendar. All proceeds from calendar sales go toward our ministries here at Ffald y Brenin, so your contribution is truly a gift!
Here are this year’s calendar photos:
We look forward to receiving your submission and putting together next year’s calendar!