Vacancy for General Manager
(Initially 4 days a week, permanent contract, £24K FTE)
Ffald y Brenin is a well-established and respected Christian ministry centred on the Retreat Centre & House of Prayer in West Wales. Thousands of residential and day visitors come every year to experience God’s presence, to rest and to be strengthened in their Christian lives. Thousands of others engage in Ffald y Brenin’s ministry of Local Houses of Prayer (LHOPs) globally, as well as using online & printed resources, or attending Prayer Days and conferences.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to take up the new role of General Manager, supporting the Wardens & Leadership Team in enabling Ffald y Brenin to play its part in cultivating the presence of God, serving the body of Christ and the nation of Wales, and blessing the nations. This is a new season for Ffald y Brenin and we are looking for the right person to help us meet new opportunities.
Closing date: 16th April 2021
If you have questions about this post: contact Clive Orchard, Team Leader, on 07434 650421.
We encourage applicants to make a prior visit to the Centre, because of the unique location and function of the ministry. Accommodation may be available onsite. Reasonable expenses will be paid for one visit to Ffald y Brenin. Contact Clive to book a visit.
How to apply
You will need to do 2 things:
- Send us a CV, with details of 2 referees and a short covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Ffald y Brenin, Pontfaen, Fishguard, SA65 9UA
- Answer 3 questions online here:
Bookkeeper, Gardeners, Groundsman
Purpose of Role:
To release the Leadership Team to engage primarily in the Trust’s ministry by ensuring effective resource management and operations.
- Implementing & maintaining policies and ensuring legal compliance
- Managing land & buildings (decor, maintenance, equipment, etc)
- Implementing projects (eg: new outdoor seating) & events (conferences, etc.
- Coordinating appropriate induction and further training of staff & volunteers
- Working closely with the Wardens
- Working with the Admin & Bookings Coordinator to ensure effective operations
- Liaising with the Head Gardener, Groundsman and Bookkeeper, providing line management and support in their roles
- Ensuring the LHOPs ministry is effectively resourced with staff support
- It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that the person is a Christian and a committed follower of Christ, with a disciplined spiritual life
- Fully committed to the purpose and values of Ffald y Brenin
- Clear leadership abilities and able to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Able to challenge and encourage whilst maintaining relationship
- A minimum of two years’ management experience in a business/office environment
- Experience of planning and managing budgets
- Strategic thinker, capable of developing plans for different areas of the ministry
- Good written/verbal communication skills and highly computer literate
- Self-starter able to work on their own initiative and deal with challenges effectively
- Punctual, reliable, discreet and able to maintain confidentiality
- Committed to professional and personal development
- Passes a satisfactory DBS check
- Experience of project, estate or event management
- Understanding of the legal obligations of charities, or small employers
- Experience of working in Christian ministry
If you’d like to print this information, you can access a PDF copy here.