Vacancy for Media & Communications Coordinator
(Maternity Leave Cover)
30 hours per week, working remotely and at Ffald y Brenin.
Temporary contract from this September, 9-12 months
Ffald y Brenin is a Christian Retreat Centre & House of Prayer in west Wales. Hundreds of residential and day visitors come here every year and many others engage in Ffald y Brenin’s ministry of Local Houses of Prayer (LHOPs) globally, as well as using our online & printed resources and attending events.
We are recruiting an individual with strong communication skills who demonstrates a wide degree of creativity on multiple online and off-line platforms.
The Media and Communications Coordinator should demonstrate attention to detail, an ability to project-manage in a timely manner and a natural ability to communicate the values and mission of Ffald y Brenin. Strong candidates will be able to come up with creative ideas for content, demonstrate a creative eye for design, be comfortable running a website and communicate well with other team members.
23rd August 2021
If you have questions about this post:
feel free to contact Clive Orchard, Team Leader, on 07485 365353
How to apply:
Send us a CV, with details of 2 referees, a short covering letter and some samples of your creative work (for example: graphic design, writing, video etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage Ffald y Brenin’s social media profile and presence
- Write and project-manage content for various communications platforms, including newsletters, website copy, blog posts and office written materials
- Keep website up-to-date with events and announcements
- Add items to the online shop and coordinate with the Shipping Manager to make sure everything is running smoothly
- Coordinate with web developer to make sure plugins are up-to-date
- Create, edit, and upload videos to Youtube and Facebook
- Design and create print materials (ie: brochures, booklets) and digital documents (ie: interactive PDFs)
- Keep all content on-brand across various platforms and materials
- Appropriately manage media accounts and budget
- Intuitive understanding of Christian ministry and practice
- Minimum 1-2 years work or internship experience in a media/communications role
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to stay organised and complete tasks on deadlines, and to respond to team requests in a timely manner
- Ability to wear multiple hats and juggle between projects
- A creative eye and strong attention to detail
- Experience with project management
- Strong communication skills (writing, proofreading, spelling and grammar are essential)
- Photography skills
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Experience with Google Drive/Microsoft 365, Google Slides/Powerpoint
- Experience with Mailchimp or Mailerlite newsletter services
- Experience with WordPress websites (know-how of Squarespace, DIVI and Woocommerce a plus)
- Ability to instruct web developer when needed
- Basic video editing skills (Premiere or iMovie)
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Premiere a strong plus
- Samples of previous work
If you’d like to download this job description as a PDF, you can do so here.