Ffald y Brenin
1. Who we are
The Ffald-y-Brenin Trust Limited is a Christian Retreat Centre operating in North Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. It is a Charity and Limited Company, with Charity Reg No 1148032 & 516594 and Company No. 8070275. The Ffald-y-Brenin Trust Limited also operates and supports Local Houses of Prayer (LHOP) globally.
2. What is personal data?
“Personal data” means any information relating to a living individual who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as it applies in the UK, tailored by the Data Protection Act 2018.
3. Who is the data controller?
The data controller relevant to this privacy notice is The Ffald-y-Brenin Trust Limited.
4. What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you make an enquiry, book a retreat, attend one of our events, sign up for updates, submit a prayer request, make a purchase from our shop, and in the normal course of providing any related services to you.
5. What information do we collect about our website visitors?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can also remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
6. How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you in order to respond to your enquiries, to manage any account you may have with us and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications). If you have consented to receive such marketing, you may opt out at a later date. We may also use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
7. Other websites
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website, so when you visit other websites through these links you should read their own privacy notices.
8. Sharing personal data
Personal data we hold is treated confidentially and with the utmost respect. Your data will only be shared for the purposes you consent to, unless we are explicitly required to do so by law. In the normal course of business we may share a limited and proportionate amount of your personal data with data processors, for clearly stated purposes.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
We will not share your information with any other company or third party for marketing purposes, without your consent.
9. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We rely on one or more of the following reasons in law which give us the right or the duty to process personal data:
- Consent: On occasion we seek explicit consent for us to process data, particularly data which is classified as sensitive.
- Legal obligations: Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Legitimate interests: Our purposes are the provision of a retreat centre and events and activities around that and around prayer. A minimal amount of personal data is collected, stored and processed for the purposes described above.
10. How long do we keep your personal data?
In general, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Specific examples to illustrate this:
- Financial matters: gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate;
- Personal details of Ffald-y-Brenin guests for up to 2 years so that we can deal with any complaints or enquiries relating to services provided.
- Health and Safety: Accident records will be kept for up to 5 years.
11. Access to your information and corrections
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please get in touch using the contact details at the end of this notice.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information we store about you that you think is inaccurate.
We will normally fulfil such requests, within one month of the request, for free. We may however make a charge for this service at our normal rates if a significant amount of time is required.
12. Changes to our privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page.
13. More information/Complaints
More information regarding data protection is available from the Information Commissioner’s website:
www.ico.org.uk On the ICO website you can find details of how to make a complaint.
14. How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, or if you wish to make a complaint about the use of your personal data, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By mail: The Ffald y Brenin Trust, Ffald y Brenin, Pontfaen, FISHGUARD, Pembrokeshire, SA65 9UA
By telephone: 01348881419